Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bombay Bicycle Club, The Teenagers, Kate Nash cover, Phoenix rmx, Bloc Party, Discovery

The world has listened to my pathetic music prayers: bands are producing SUPER GOOD SHIT NOW! On to the music!



Hot diggity damn! I forgot how much I love Bombay Bicycle Club. I literally just got this song tonight and it's the first one I'm recommending: that should alert you to how great BBC is. I'll put up the James Rutelidge Remix tomorrow! Their album, "I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose" just dropped, however, I am currently having some trouble finding it on the internetz.
"Always Like This" is their first single from their first full-length album.
Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This.mp3



I FUCKED AN AMERICAN CUNT
I know, I know, everyone already knows this song, but it's soooooooo good! Definitely going to be in "mah faves" playlist for a while. As if!
From their album, "Reality Check" (which is surprisingly better than I thought it would be, so good job).
The Teenagers - Homecoming.mp3



Damn, can Kate Nash really do no wrong? I'm not a fan of Cold War Kids, but after listening to Kate Nash rock this cover, I would check them out. Good advertising gurl. Quality is not the greatest, but it's better than nothin'.
Kate Nash - Hang Me Out to Dry (Cold War Kids cover).mp3



Phoenix just brings out the best and most consistent sound I've heard in a while. This remix is gentle, really softening Thomas' vocals. Plus it throws in a little sax and jazz/sex and jizz ;)
Phoenix - Long Distance Call (Sebastien Tellier Remix).mp3



All of a sudden, in like April of this year, my love for Bloc Party just EXPLODED. They overtook second place on my last.fm top artists, which is pretty difficult since Good Shoes had about 900 plays. There are just so many songs that I feel I identify with. When "A Weekend in the City" came out, I thought there was no way they would be able to produce something better than "Silent Alarm." Was I wrong. "AWitC" has been on repeat for five months now. However, "Intimacy" sucks. I can't even get through it. Bummer.

Anyways, enough gushing. This is a live acoustic version of my all-time favorite song, "I Still Remember." Kele's emotions just come pouring out and Russell's talent as lead guitarist just absolutely shines. I found a legitimate
guitar tab for this song, so I've been playing this on the acoustic for a while now. Fantastic.
Bloc Party - I Still Remember (Acoustic Live).mp3

Look at that paragraph talking about Bloc Party. That's because I love them sfm. So, here's another song. I think it's a new single but I'm not really sure what it's from. Anyways, you can totally tell that Bloc Party is changing their sound (this song and "Flux" are significantly different from their previous work) but I'm toooooootally down with it. Bloc Party will most likely be in every post, just fyi.
Bloc Party - Your Visits Are Getting Shorter.mp3



And finally, to end this glorious post, I need to end with Discovery....and Michael Jackson. Their cover of this great Jackson 5 song is a perfect tribute to the King of Pop.
Discovery - I Want You Back (Jackson 5 Cover).mp3
(The music doesn't start until at least 15-20 seconds into the song, so you may want to shorten it in your iTunes.)

RIP bb

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment